The hotel greets visitors with its splendour and professional service. The luxurious mansion of the Counts of Santovenia became the favourite hotel for ship owners, artists, traders and distinguished travellers in 1867, who preferred it for its comfort and elegance. After reopening in February 1997, the hotel still retained a touch of distinction and comfort of former times, while also preserving many of its architectural features. This typical colonial mansion has spacious rooms decorated in a 19th century style. A total of 27 rooms are on offer over 3 floors of which 9 are junior suites and 9 are senior suites. Each room also offers the option of being used as a triple. The air-conditioned historical hotel features a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a safe, a currency exchange desk, a cloakroom and a lift in addition to 2 caf�s, 2 bars, a shop, a kids' club and an elegant restaurant with highchairs for infants, which, together with an exclusive central inner courtyard, forms a highlight of the hotel. Room and laundry services are available and there is public Internet access to make use of, as well as a hotel car park (fees apply for all amenities). Guests may enjoy great views out over Havana Say and the city's century-old houses from the magnificent panoramic terrace.