The original Georgian house was built by the Malcomsoms in 1863, and it was opened as a hotel by Mr & Mrs Jack Nallen in 1963. The conference hotel has seen much change over the years, including up-to-date technology and the addition of the award-winning leisure facilities at Club Minella. There are 90 guest rooms in total. Guests are welcomed in a lobby and there is lift access to the upper floors. Guests can enjoy the pub, restaurant and the dining room. Conference facilities are available to business travellers and there is also an onsite car park.