This impressive Victorian mansion was built in the 1830s and commissioned by Sir William Ogilvy - a hero of the Battle of Waterloo. The house was modified in 1945 and converted into the hotel that it is today. When the house was remodelled the interior hall was modified to replicate one of the grand saloons on the famous Cunard cruise ship, The Mauretania. The chandelier and wall light fittings are in fact originals from the ship herself, bought at auction when she was decommissioned in 1938. The family-friendly hotel comprises a total of 17 guest rooms and welcomes its guests into a lobby. There is a restaurant on site and conference facilities are provided. Internet access and room service are available and guests arriving by car can leave their vehicles in the nearby car park.
Travelling from Perth, head east on County Place toward King Street. Continue on South Street. Slight left to stay on South Street. Take the 1st left onto A85/Dundee Road. Continue to follow A85. Continue on A93/Main Street. Turn right at A93/High Street. Continue to follow A/93, then A926/High Street. Turn left at Airlie Street/B952. Turn right at B952/Market Square. Take the 2nd left onto B952/Hill Street. Slight left at Loyal Road.