The Strathesk House is a Tourist hotel. Located in CITY CENTRE area. Shopping is accessible by bus/taxi and the nightlife/restaurants are located in the hotel.
Strathesk House was built in 1876 by W.S. Bell, a prominent local merchant and eventually passed to Mr James Boag, probably the most famous of the early owners of Strathesk House. Strathesk House is one of the few surviving grand old mansions in the York Street - Windmill Hill 'dress-circle' area of Launceston, a National Trust classified precinct just outside the CBD. It has been saved from near-dereliction and has been restored to its former glory over the past 10 years. Strathesk House is a few minutes walk to restaurants, shops and attractions offering the best of Tasmania's special lifestyle to the discerning visitor.